Monday, December 7, 2015

One of Many Projects and Papers

(Shirt and skirt: Forever 21/ earrings: Claire's)

Due to a sea of projects, papers, responsibilities, and attempting to have a life, I haven't posted in a while. Now that I have a moment's reprieve before all my Wednesday deadlines, I wanted to share the funnest (but also most frustrating and time consuming) end of the semester project I've worked on.

If you can't tell, the giant head is supposed to be a self-portrait. It is made of lots of cardboard, four cans of purple spray paint, one not so very good book, and a few small second degree glue gun burns. It probably looks more like a Noh mask or an Asian woman than me, but at least I got the bottom half of my face to stop looking like Yoda's, so I'm kind of proud.

 Naturally I had to take a whole bunch of goofy pictures with my head before turning it in last week, and here they are. All that I ask is that you please enjoy them without judging my art skills to harshly.


P.S. The sacrificial book was a fan fiction sequel to Pride and Prejudice, not the original. I wouldn't do something like that to Jane Austen, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment