Saturday, October 10, 2015

Fighting Fall: A Week in Outfits


This past week we really began to see some evidence of fall in Tallahassee in the form of some slightly cooler weather. As a form of passive rebellion against the changing weather, I wore summery outfits the whole week. All of them were really rushed outfits but still really beautiful because of how lovely each of the vintage dresses I wore are and how easy it is to build nice outfits around them. That's the beautiful things about dresses to me: throw on a really nice one, and you are almost completely dressed and your outfit made. Here's to what I hope will be at least a couple more weeks that aren't too chilly to wear summery dresses.

Monday


 (Dress: vintage from Etsy/ shoes: AliExpress.com/ flower crown: handmade/ necklace: Lulu's/ earrings: Macy's)

 Monday I was feeling really mentally unprepared for a week of classes, so I threw on my happiest, brightest, most colorful summery dress to get me over it. I also wanted to celebrate the fact that my teacher for my art studio class gave us the day off by wearing open-toed shoes, which I can't for that class, so of course I threw on my matching rainbow shoes. The flower crown I had made over the weekend, but I didn't wear it to school. I should have worn it though because it would have made Monday even better!

 Tuesday


 (Dress: vintage from Miami Twice/ shoes: B.A.I.T. Footwear/ head wire: Forever 21/ earrings: Claire's)

 Continuing with the summery vintage dress theme, I wore this gorgeous gingham 1950's or 1960's dress from Miami Twice. The construction of the dress is amazing, especially the waist. I don't wear this dress nearly enough. My B.A.I.T. footwear pastel rainbow pink shoes went perfectly with it.

Wednesday 


(Dress: vintage from Etsy/ belt: Forever 21/ shoes: GoJane.com/ earrings: Ebay)

Wednesday I wanted to continue my little theme for the week, but I was super rushed to get ready so I just grabbed the first vintage summery dress my eyes landed on, which happened to be this very patriotic rather long one. I really like the dress but honestly it is just too big on me, and wearing it Wednesday convinced me that I need to let it go so that someone else can appreciate it better. The shoes I also decided to get rid of because unfortunately while running to class through the grass these faux suede shoes of  six years started to really fall apart in new ways.

Thursday


 (Dress: vintage from Etsy/ cardigan: Forever 21/ shoes: Target/ necklace: gift)

 Thursday I felt very much like a blueberry and loved it. I love this vintage white dress with its baby blue polka dots and darker blue blueberry patches. The blues look really nice against my purple hair and pair perfectly with this cropped baby blue cardigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment