Tuesday, September 8, 2015

My Mermaid Monday



(Bathing Suit: Hell Bunny Official/ necklace: just a shell I put on a chain/ anklet: somewhere in Bermuda/ shell float: Pinch-a-Penny)

Labor Day weekend is unfortunately over, and school/real life is back in session, but long weekends are always so nice while they last. I hope you all had a great weekend! I know I definitely did. My Labor Day weekend was pretty fun (if lazy) but Monday was the best. The only thing I really did was hangout by the pool in my apartment, which is conveniently only fifty feet from my room, if that. It was a grey day but my neon pink shell float made up for it and the water was pretty warm.


My family actually owns two Pinch-a-Penny pool stores and my dad is always nice enough to let us kids take pool floats from his stock when we see something we like, and that's how I got this lovely shell float. I never got the chance to use it in Miami though, so I really wanted to use it at least once while it was still warm enough. Of course I put on my favorite, most mermaid-like bathing suit I had for the occasion.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I adore the print on this Hell Bunny Official bathing suit, with all the little seahorses, the shells,the starfish, and of course the bubbles. I don't really wear one pieces because I tend to find them lacking in support, but this bathing suit doesn't give me that problem at all. I also love how the shape of the bathing suit is very 1950's and how it just generally makes me feel like a beautiful mermaid pinup, especially when I'm also floating on a giant pink shell.

My necklace is literally just a shell from my very large collection that I just put on a plain silver chain for the day. I really want to make a statement necklace out of the shells in my collection, but I am not too great at making jewelry and always procrastinate on DIY projects, so we'll see if that ever gets done.


It really was nice though to just float around for a while and enjoy the pool before the weather starts to get chilly. I had the pool entirely to myself as I just paddled around on my neon pink shell float and talked to my boyfriend, who was sitting poolside (he is coming down with something and didn't want to make it worse). After yesterday I feel very relaxed and prepared to face colder weather now that I've gotten the chance to use my shell float. Fall can still take its sweet time though if it wants though, I won't complain. Like a true Miami girl, I feel most comfortable in constant eighty degree weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment