Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween Weekend 2015


This Halloween was honestly one of the best I have ever had even though I couldn't trick or treat. The entire weekend was so fun and filled with Halloween activities. 

Thursday we went to a pumpkin patch at Faith Presbyterian Church with my super photogenic friend and took some really nice pictures. The pumpkin patch had some really fun scarecrows decorating it, including Groot, Marty McFly, and Elsa. All the pumpkins were really nice, but we didn't get any there because we are super cheap college students.

Friday we went to Lichgate, which is one of my favorite places in all of Tallahassee. I used to live right next to it last semester and I would go nearly every week, twice if I could. It was my first time back since last semester, and even though things were a little different with old plants gone and new flowers blooming in their place, it was just as magical as always. I really recommend everyone in Tallahassee go there at least once. It's a lovely place to walk around or just sit and read a book.

Friday evening was spent running around with my friend getting last minute things to finish our costume and then attending another friend's costume party. I'm really happy with how our Hit Girl and Kick-Ass costumes came out. I wish we had taken more pictures in costume, but both Friday and Saturday we were kind of in a rush to get where we needed to be. 

My boyfriend and I also carved some pretty cool pumpkins Saturday before going to another costume party. His was Jack the Pumpkin King from Nightmare Before Christmas, and mine was a second and more successful attempt at a carved carousel.

Hopefully you enjoyed all the pictures and I promise this is the last Halloween related post until next year! I hope all of you have plenty of fun pictures, memories, and loads of candy to hold you over until next year's festivities!

Outfits:
Details for Pumpkin Patch outfit found on this post

 Lichgate outfit: 
Dress: Target/ shoes: JCPenney/ flower crown and pouch necklace: Forever 21/ choker necklace: Claire's

Hit Girl costume:
Jacket: thrifted from Goodwill/ cape: from old childhood costume/ skirt: Ebay/ leggings and mask: Amazon/ boots: JCPenney/ katana: handmade from toilet and paper towel rolls, cardboard, paper, and duct tape

Kick-Ass costume:
Shirt: thrifted from Goodwill/ pants: Ebay/ gloves: Publix/ batons: shipping tubes and duct tape

No comments:

Post a Comment