Monday, March 21, 2016

A Night at the Pop Century Resort

 (Main outfit details: shirt: thrifted from my mom's closet/ skirt: Forever 21/ jacket and shoes: Target/ head scarf: vintage from Ebay/ earrings: thrifted from Sale Rack in Miami/ necklace: Miami Twice)

This spring break was truly one to remember. I left the North American continent for the first time to go to London for a week, and on the way there and back, I managed to squeeze in two mini Disney trips.

The first night of my spring break I had intended to spend in Orlando International Airport after spending a lovely day at Disney. Instead, thanks to the kindness of my lovely mother, I got to spend the night at a Disney hotel, the Pop Century Resort, instead! I fell in love with the resort as soon as my cab pulled into the property. The Pop Century Resort has buildings themed by decade, from the 50s to the 90s, with sayings from the time period along the top and silhouettes of people dressed in the fashion on the side, as well as things that symbolize the decade. It was this retro and vintage loving girl's dream hotel come true.

I stayed in the 90s building, which I was excited to see had quotes from one of my favorite movies, Clueless, along the top (As if!!). I also really liked the giant Mickey phone they had in the 80s section. What really caught my eye though was the 60s buildings, covered in flowers and peace symbols.

I took a couple pictures of the resort after I checked in before heading to the parks, but the next day I got up early to take lots and lots of pictures, dressing up in the best 60s inspired outfit I could muster from my luggage. I had so much fun posing and taking pictures in front of the 60s area that I never got to the 50s section before I had to go catch my shuttle to the airport. I really loved exploring the resort, and I intend to go back sometime soon to explore the 50s buildings I missed.

The Pop Century Resort is just an example of how Disney has made every part of a guest's experience truly magical. All of Disney World is so beautifully curated and created that you don't even need to go to the parks to have a magical time.

No comments:

Post a Comment